Argonaut Rowing Club Concussion Code of Conduct
Concussion - Code of Conduct Athlete and Participant
In recognition of the potential seriousness of a concussion, I commit to following the concussion related protocols and expectations as highlighted below:
- Annually review concussion education and resource materials that were provided, including this booklet.
- Sign off on adherence to this concussion code of conduct annually.
- Support a zero tolerance for behaviours that are associated for high risk of causing concussions.
- Be open, honest and forthcoming in regard to any situation I have been involved in, within rowing or outside of rowing, where a concussion has been suspected or confirmed.
- Be open, honest and forthcoming in regard to any signs and symptoms related to a concussion that I may be experiencing.
- Report to our coach/instructor, or other appropriate official, if another individual reveals that they are experiencing concussion related symptoms or if I suspect any other individual has sustained a concussion.
- Respect the roles and responsibilities of coaches and umpires in Removal from sport protocol.
- Should I sustain a concussion, in rowing or other activities, I agree to follow the Return to Rowing Protocol laid out in the Argonaut Rowing Club Concussion Management & Return to Play Policy, in conjunction with advice from my medical professionals.
For individuals under 18
As parent/guardian of the above participant under 18 years of age:
I have read and understand the Argonaut Rowing Club Concussion Management & Return to Play Policy and agree to ensure my child follows the above code and to actively support my child through appropriate concussion protocols if the situation does arise.